Friday, July 3, 2009

I am home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well I got home yesterday.

HI!
I got home yesterday about 6:30ish, the rush hour traffic was TERRIBLE!
Oh my gosh, where do I start.

My surgery was delayed almost 2 hours because another dr was having difficulty and he needed my drs assistance.

When I woke up, I woke up to Sam telling me to wake up that "they" were there. (I think)lol Remember this is all under the remnints of anesthesia and such.
Later that day I remember them telling me I was going to get out of bed that night and I was like I don't think so! OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was hurting so bad and I was so hot it didn't seem like the hospital had any ac so they went to get me a fan! I think I asked myself everyday until today probably why I elected to do this!

I feel a lot better today and I know everyday will get better. I have been sleeping on the recliner in the living room, it is the most comfortable place to be. I take only one pain pill every 4 hrs during the day and then 2 every 4 hrs at night, although I have been waking up every hour or so.

I had to eat something pureed before they would let me leave, it did taste better than it looked LOL! It was turkey or chicken or maybe even pork I am not sure it was some beige protein and some green veggie with mashed potatoes. They had Jello on the tray and soup and apple juice and milke sheesh! I ate from just the plate and that was ok, I had no nasuea and I didn't throw up so they said I was ok. I was really ready at 10a but I had to wait for Julio to get off from work at 2p :(

I have a special local pain numbing medicine called on Q my incisions are itchy so they are healing, here the link for On Q :

www.askyoursurgeon.com/onqsolution.php

It is really neat, the only thing is, I have to remove it myself so I hope that is going to be ok......

Ok, I will write more later.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I knew you could do it! Yes, the hill is on down side now, you can look forward to the ride. Love you, Sissy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Home! I'm sure it's so good to be home!

    ReplyDelete